Okay, okay, I know it’s not technically “winter” for at least 5 more weeks, but I just can’t help myself. Here are some notes on my favorite winter (and late fall) trends — think Sex and The City meets Ramona. Hey, why not?
1. I’m really obsessed with O.P.I’s Skyfall for this time of year. Red is such a classic nail color, and this burnt shade fits the season perfectly. Other colors I’m excited to try out in the coming months are a deep forest green, classic fire engine red and metallic gold chrome.
2. Tulle skirts. I’ve been seeing them pop up all over Pinterest, and being a former ballerina, this warms my heart. The fabric is just so exquisitely soft and feminine in all the right ways. Also, long pleated skirts and dresses, I could do a whole separate post on them.
3. I love jewels. I love love love layered jewels. Layering long necklaces and continuing the statement necklace trend is all fine by me this fall and winter. Stacked rings, and multiple piercings are a yes as well.
4. It’s finally boot season, and I don’t know anyone who isn’t happy about that! Boots look good on everyone, and they’re so durable and easy to throw on. Classic black Wellies are fun if you have the weather for them, and you can never go wrong with tall leather cowboy boots. Also, patterned tights, yes yes yes.
5. Ah, Chanel. The classic black and gold chained Chanel purse has been on wishlist practically my entire life, but even for those of us who can’t afford Lady Coco, solid handbags are the way to go in the coming months. Marc, Dooney & Burke, Coach, bring ‘em out.
6. To top it all off, literally – a chunky, knit sweater like this Isabel Marant one. I love muted and neutral colors in the winter, so think greys, blacks, whites and tans.